Accepting Applications for Fall 2019 until July 1, 2019 with a $30 late fee.
The Teacher Leadership M.Ed. program admits students each semester
Deadline April 1
Deadline November 1
Prospective graduate students apply for admission through the University of Utah Apply
Yourself (AY) online application system (see link below).
Apply Yourself Application Link
PLEASE NOTE: We do not require a GRE test score.
IMPORTANT: Under the Program Information section on the AY application, first choose your program of interest, which is Educational Ldrship & Policy MEd. Then choose your area of emphasis - Teacher Leadership.
Please upload the following under the appropriate sections on the Apply Yourself application:
- Resume that includes professional educational history and any leadership experience.
- Statement of Purpose that addresses the following: Please limit your response to 250 words or less.
- What are your educational goals?
- What is the role of this program in helping you achieve them?
- What further contributions do you expect to make to the field of education after completing this program?
- Written Essay that addresses the following:Please limit your response to 500 words or less
- The Educational Leadership and Policy Department places a strong emphasis on school transformation and preparing educators to become change agents. Explain how you envision your role as a change agent in education and how you would address issues of access, equity, and diversity for students. Provide examples as necessary.
- Recommendation Letters -- Two letters of recommendation are required as part of the ELP recommendation process. One must be from a current supervisor. The other one may be from a previous supervisor, a colleague, or someone with knowledge of your leadership potential. These letters should be uploaded to the AY Application.
Applicants are responsible to ensure that all application materials are provided on or prior to the application semester deadline. Applications that are incomplete at the application deadline will not be considered.
If you have questions or concerns at any time please contact our Academic Coordinator, Marilynn Howard, at 801.581.6714 or firstname.lastname@example.org.