The M.Ed.in K12 School Administration with Administrative Licensure Program is a four semester degree for experienced educators with a current Utah Professional Educator license. The program is designed to provide future administrators with the knowledge and skills essential for effective leadership in K12 schools. As a professional program, coursework and course assigned field practicum experiences develop both conceptual understandings and practical skills that lead to the development of excellent and effective school administrators.
- Applications are accepted each semester: summer, fall and spring;
- Program completion in four semesters (36 credit hours);
- Students attend as a flex cohort, enrolling in two content courses (3 credit hours each) and one CR/NC field practicum course (3 credit hours) per term while working full-time;
- All courses are offered in the evening hours (class start time is 4:30 p.m.);
- Classes are scheduled one night per week in the fall and spring semesters and two nights per week in the summer semester block (8 weeks);
- Classes will be held on the University of Utah Campus.
- Courses are designed using a project based learning approach – with an expectation of learning through practice.