UCEA is proud to announce Dr. Andrea Rorrer the winner of the UCEA2020 Master Professor Award. This award recognizes Dr. Rorrer as a faculty member whose record demonstrates excellence in teaching, mentoring and advising, academic leadership, supporting diverse students and colleagues, and professional service.
The attributes for choosing The UCEA Master Professor include:
- They have a sustained record as outstanding teachers, as attested to by students and faculty peers. They have exhibited educational innovation in the classroom and the extension of educational opportunities to an ever-wider group of students in educational leadership/administration programs.
- They are outstanding advisors and mentors of students as evidenced by mentoring students in research projects that address the needs of K-12 educational systems. They play a key role in the advancement of students into leadership positions in PK-12 systems. In summary, they promote and support the academic, career goals, and placement of students into educational administration programs.
- They have taken a leadership role in their academic unit, as administrators and/or leaders in educational endeavors. They have gained a regional and national reputation, as an educational leader and innovator. They have accomplished this through participation in regional and national activities as well as in publications in appropriate journals that have impacted the practice of educational leadership/administration in PK-12 systems.
- They have provided outstanding leadership in promoting and supporting diversity in faculty, students, staff, programs, and curriculum in the field of educational leadership/administration.
- They have provided outstanding public service through participation in public or private agencies, or both bodies that contribute to PK-16 partnerships and to improving the quality of PK-16 education throughout state, national, or international arenas.
Congratulations, Dr. Rorrer!