Application Deadline for Summer Semester
April 15th, 2017
Master of Education in K-12 School Administration
Who can apply?
Applicants must hold a current Utah State Office of Education Level 2 or 3 educator license.
Minimum Requirements for Graduate Study
An applicant for admission to the Graduate School must meet the following minimum requirements:
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
Cohorts begin annually each summer semester.
Prospective graduate students apply for admission through the University of Utah Apply Yourself (AY) online application system (see link below).
PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT require a GRE test score.
IMPORTANT: Under the Program Information section on the AY application, first choose your program of interest, which is Educational Ldrship & Policy Med. Then choose your area of emphasis – K12 Master’s/Administrative Licensure.
Please upload the following under the appropriate sections on the Apply Yourself application:
1. Resume that includes professional and leadership experience.
2. Statement of Purpose that addresses the following: Please limit your response to 250 words or less.
- What are your professional goals, and what is the role of this program in helping you achieve them?
- What impact have you made thus far in your career as an educator?
- What further contributions do you plan to make to the field of education after completing this program?
3. Written Essay that addresses the following: Please limit your response to 500 words or less
- The Educational Leadership and Policy Department places a strong emphasis on preparing future school leaders in transforming urban schools. Describe a situation where you have demonstrated leadership as an educator that furthered access, equity and diversity within schools. Be specific about the skills you utilized, the challenges you met, and the growth you experienced.
4. Level 2 or 3 Utah Educator License – You will need to scan and email a copy directly to email@example.com. You will not be able to upload this to the AY application.
5. Current Copy of Educator Evaluation – please email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Letters of Recommendation - Three recommendations are required as part of the ELP application process. Recommendations should be written by individuals who can speak to your leadership and academic potential. One must be from a current supervisor. The other two may be from a district level administrator, previous supervisor, or colleague. These letters should be uploaded to the AY application.
Applicants are responsible to ensure that all application materials are provided on or prior to the application deadline of March 1. Applications that are incomplete at the application deadline will not be considered. If you have questions or concerns at any time please contact our Academic Coordinator, Marilynn Howard, at 801-581-6714 or email@example.com.
Screening Interview and Activity (for selected applicants only). Selected applicants will be invited to an additional screening activity which may include participation in a group interview and a group activity that involves working together to address a problem of practice and a group presentation to share their conclusions.